While these forums should be a place to let your hair down (so to speak), we must insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. Although the administrators and moderators of the Accidents Happen forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off the forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Accidents Happen forums, nor the Guild Officers of Accidents Happen will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By registering on this website and posting to the Accidents Happen forums, you certify that you agree to these rules and you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-harrassing, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of the Accidents Happen forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
1. Absolutely no hate speech. Your opinions on various religious beliefs, ethical systems, sexual orientations, and political views are your own and you will not be censored for expressing those views provided that you do so in a polite way. Since there is no polite way to express that you feel your own race is superior to any other, any racial slurs directed at another member of this site will result in an automatic permanent IP ban from this website.
2. Avoid flaming. Calling someone an idiot or a noob for miscalculating hit percentage is more than a little bit insulting, but will not be censored. Saying that their mother should have strangled them at birth because they're retarded and unfit to breathe the same air as someone as highly-intelligent as yourself is a flame. A well-thought out, correctly-spelled flame is still a flame and will be either moved or deleted. Repeat offenders will be banned at the sole discretion of the moderators involved.
3. Trolling. A message specifically intended to rouse another's ire is a trolling message and will result in the message being deleted and the troll banned permanently by IP address. Do not troll this website.
4. Please endeavor, to the very best of your ability, to avoid spelling mistakes and netslang. Poorly-spelled words, missing punctuation, and extraneous netslang can be unnecessarily difficult to read and those of us who have made an effort to learn our language find that it grates terribly on the nerves. While using netslang or forgetting to use punctuation will not result in a ban, it will result in your post being deleted or moved to a protected forum if it is too difficult to read. On a related note, if English is not your first language and you have difficulty spelling words or putting together sentences, it will be apparent and your posts will not be moved; provided you are trying to make yourself understood to the best of your ability.
5. While most of the moderators will also be guild officers, the ultimate responsibility for this forum lies with it's creator, Lysurge. If you have a problem with the guild or a member of the guild, please contact a Guild Officer. If you have a problem with this website or someone on the website and a moderator cannot help you, please contact me privately via my profile to express your concerns and I will do my very best to resolve them.
Thanks and happy gaming!